Here is the short answer to the question: "How does it work?"
Bring in your gear. Choose to consign or donate. We sell your gear.
you get paid!
Up to $500...
$500 to $750...
$750 or more...
WHILE WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE AUTOMATIC MARKDOWN, IF YOU ABSOLUTELY INSIST, WE CAN NEGOTIATE OTHERWISE
Automatic Markdown policy
For the long answer and more details, see below...
- To price your items, the consignor and our helpful staff will have a dialogue as to
how much the item should sell for at the time of consignment intake. In general, a
good rule of thumb is to set the price at 50% of the items current retail price, plus
or minus some value dependent on the items' overall condition.
- Brand-new items must be discounted a minimum of 20% off the current retail
- If the price of an item becomes greater than 80% of new retail price, CSR
reserves the right to lower the price at that time.
- Although unlikely, if after 3 months any or all of the consigned items remain
unsold, Colorado Sports Recycler has the right to re-price the item(s) to sell.
- The consignor can reprice their items beginning two months from their original
consignment date. Requests for price adjustments or item removal may take up
to two days to process.
- Consignor will receive 60% of the item's selling price in store credit or 50% in
cash or check.
- Credit can be used in-store.
- Colorado Sports Recycler will not contact consignors when their item sells.
Damaged/Stolen Item Policy
- CSR is not responsible for damages incurred while an item is on consignment.
- Stolen items will be paid out at their lowest price (as if they sold at a 10%
discount) after 12 days.
The Consignment Process
We will accept consignment anytime during our regular business hours (no appointment
needed!), but to keep consignment running smoothly, please try to arrive at least an hour before we
Before arriving at the store:
- Clean and assess your items for cleanliness, defects, and missing parts
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-221-2880 with any questions you
- Compile a list of your items featuring:
2. Description of item
3. The original MSRP
4. How much you would like to sell the item for (max 80% of current retail price)
- Come into the store anytime during store hours, however before 3pm is helpful
- Our employees will assess the condition of your gear
- You and our employees will negotiate what price the gear will sell for
- You will sign a contractual agreement agreeing to our consignment policies.
- Your items will be tagged and merchandised on the sales floor
- Your items will hopefully sell!
- Your consignment credit will be added to your customer account for you to use at your
- If your items do not sell after 1 month, the price of your items will be lowered 5%. If
they have not sold after 2 months, the price will be lowered 15% from original price, after 3 months the price will be lowered 25% from original price.